.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Creative Web Development - CSS, XHTML, Javascript and RTML for Yahoo Store

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Carl Cox with Stipples

No, he doesn't have stiff nipples. Or maybe he does, I really can't tell from here.

Anyway this is a stipple (dots only) work I did during my time at the Art Institute of Philadelphia[1] for one of my art classes (who knows which one). It's a picture of Carl Cox[2], a house/techno DJ from England, using a fine black marker only. I saw the original photo in a magazine and in a somewhat-drunken 8 hour session, sat down and busted out this bad boy the day before it was due. I'm mainly posting it here because I promised my friend I would show it to him, but don't want to take it down off my wall :) If you look closely you can see the reflection in his eyes is actually a man in a field.

Framed Carl Cox (slight glare from flash)
Slightly closer, angled to remove flash glare

Resources

[1] Art Institute of Philadelphia Official Website
[2] Carl Cox Official Website

1 Comments:

  • WoW!. That's some incredible stuff there. Wow! i'm impressed. Will go back now and continue working on my graphic skills.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
nunzi.blogspot.com    Web