.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Creative Web Development - CSS, XHTML, Javascript and RTML for Yahoo Store

Monday, September 05, 2005

Traybar Part 2 - Using it to EASILY replace the Start Menu

I posted a few days ago about Traybar, but missed one of the most vital shortcuts - how to actually use it to replace the Start Menu! Here's a quick step by step guide. The screenshots are embedded in the instructions in an attempt to try something new. :) I do this procedure immediately after any new program is installed. The backup is always in my start menu if I need it (which is rarely) and I can immediately delete any crap off my desktop as well.
  1. Navigate the Start Menu to the shortcut you want to add.
  2. Right-click it, choose "Properties", then click "Find Target".
  3. This will take you to the folder with the executable file.
  4. Right-click the .exe file and choose "Add to Traybar".
  5. Choose a Traybar folder on the "Add to Traybar" screen.
  6. The shortcut will be in the bottom of the folder you choose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
nunzi.blogspot.com    Web